We’ve probably all dragged ourselves through at least one eLearning session that has been less-than inspiring. Like “death by PowerPoint”, it’s a tool which, when developed poorly, can leave the learner disinterested, unmotivated and less likely to take home key messages and change their behaviour.
At Art of Multimedia, we recently assisted ISS Facility Services with the development of two SCORM compliant eLearning modules. The brief: To develop tailor made, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) compliant, competency based training for ISS frontline managers which outlined legislative requirements – and to do this in an engaging, interesting and contemporary way.
Working closely with ISS we included aspects such as:
- CEO video which highlights both the organisation’s commitment and the personal commitment from the Executive team. Videos also help to create a connection with dispersed teams, in the case of ISS, often working at clients’ premises.
- Scenario videos to effortlessly demonstrate how accidents can happen.
- Voiceover to support selected onscreen text. Using two learning modalities (in this case reading and listening) helps to reinforce key messages by keeping the learner engaged.
- Static and animated diagrams which keep the mind and eye focused.
- Images of the ISS team in action, to help the learner understand how the information is relevant to them and their peers.
- Interactive activities and quizzes, which repeat key information ensuring the learners solidify what they have learned.
- Incorporating ISS branding so learners know that the content is relevant and specific to their company, rather than generic.
Max Maim – GM Health, Safety and Environment at ISS – had this to say about the eLearning product and, importantly, the process taken together to get there:
“I would have no hesitation in recommending the services of Art of Multimedia to any organisation wishing to expand or improve their existing learning management systems, or develop new training programs to meet business or legislative needs. AOM has proven to be a detailed, flexible and innovative organisation that has been able to meet ISS’ training needs.”
We have been developing learning solutions before eLearning was a distinct field – and can guide you through the myriad of choices with content development, instructional design, Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other considerations to meet your organisational development objectives.
If you’re considering eLearning as a development tool for your team or looking for an easy to use, yet powerful LMS – call us. Let us show you how professional, engaging and successful your eLearning can be – on any budget.